Design Intern - Fall 2019
Now Interviewing for Fall 2019 Semester
The Think Shop is a multi-media branding and design agency, located in Newport Kentucky, offering a full range of advertising services. We work with local, regional and national clients to strengthen and support their brand needs.
A design intern at The Think Shop will work with a dynamic creative team in a collaborative environment. We offer a paid internship and a flexible schedule. At the Think Shop we are looking for a designer interested in growing his or her skills while helping productivity at an active agency.
Design Intern responsibilities include:
- Participate in strategy and brainstorming sessions while executing design concepts for a wide variety of clients in various forms of media (ie print, digital, web, etc.)
- Strengthen relationships between clients and design team
- Productively participate in weekly meetings with the creative team
- Effectively present ideas and layouts to the creative team
- Complete other production and workflow duties as assigned
- Responsible for effective routine communication with the Creative Director and entire team at The Think Shop
- Digital file organization
Design Intern requirements:
- Must have a good understanding and working knowledge of latest design software (ie Adobe CC Illustrator, Photoshop,InDesign, Acrobat) on a Mac platform.
- Web design knowledge is a plus (ie WordPress sites, SEO, etc.)
- Understanding of current social media platforms
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Understanding of design principles and basic typography, photography and color
- Understanding of current digital and social platforms
- Candidate must also have good verbal and written communication skills as well as be organized and timely.
- Must operate with integrity and follow all assigned tasks through to completion.
- Candidate should have a strong work ethic, be proactive in solving problems and offering creative solutions
- Must be available to work at least 15 hours per week. Hours and schedule are flexible.
- Senior year or graduating in a BA or BFA degree program
To be considered, candidate please e-mail your resume, along with portfolio samples to: